Friday 27 April 2012

Finally we have started animating now, we have gotten several shots done in around five days, which is looking promising when taking into account that we only have 42 shots in total.

However the issues of too many characters is causing problems again, we only have four of the five characters fully finished. I am really stressing out that they're not all finished at the moment, we still need to attach the rig to Coco, and I know full well that, I'll end up having to fix his vertices and clean him up, just as I did with Blackberry and Acorn.

ANNYYYWAYYY I have been testing lighting in Maya, using the mental ray software which is a plug-in rendering software, looking at tutorials, online and magazines. I was able to gain a better understanding on how to create a real sun and sky effect. I also learnt how to attach different lend on the camera to change what the overall effect will be when rendered out, when using the camera with the newly attached lens

Here are some renders I did while testing for a suitable lighting style.

 This set of lighting was not done with a physical sky or sun as I did not know about them at the time, this why they are so dark.

 I found the physical sky and sun.
 After some messing around with the values on the physical sky and sun, i started to gain an understanding of how I would achive the desirsed look I wanted.


 This test here is my favorite by far, the saturation is a lovely rate of 1.5-1.8, low multiply of 1, and a good handful of other values.

I continued to do a few more tests after finding the look I like, just to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment