Saturday 13 July 2013

Throwing Ideas Around.

Two weeks ago I went to the Wales Game Dev Show, were I spoke to a lot of different and interesting people. One of the most interesting was meeting Ian Livingstone, co-founder of Games Workshop as well as CEO of Eidos, creators of Tomb Raider Series (1996-2013). After spending some time with him I came away excited about wanting to make games, so since then I have been jotting down ideas for creating a new game.

I came up with three ideas, one of them I am keeping close to my chest as I want to proceed with it at a later date. The game that I am going to try to create however is a fast paced, mini game styled cooking game. The reason for it being a cooking game is that I want to create something that takes on another passion of mine which is home made cooking. So in Maya I quickly built a kitchen unit and I a rough design for an egg that opens up, with a rig setup.

Here are some screen caps I took.




I spoke about my ideas to a friend at work and he mentioned that I could use physics to make a really cool egg that will break up into bits when cracked against other objects, such as a frying pan.

For the past month I have been watch a handful of developer talk panels to educate myself of what the industry expects from me.


Here are of really amazing videos from the GameIndustry.biz Career Fair, sadly I can not get the videos onto my blog, I can only link you to the web pages. I urge you to watch them though. Art & Animation, Games Design, and Careers & Education.

This is all I have for now, but I am going to be designing a rough character and a frying pan, then proceeding to throw it all into Unity to make a realised vision of the game that I want to not only create but to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment