Sunday 23 October 2011

More Storytimes now in colour!


This week has been a productive week, after another unsuccessful group meeting with my tutor who failed to give me any of his time, I went home and started on my colour/mood designs for my film. I'll show them now and talk about them in a moment.


As you can see I have gone through a bunch of different colours. I'm still not finished with how I want my colour scheme to be like just yet, but I love the warm, amber feel of films just as, "Fantastic Mr Fox", "Where the Wild Things Are", So when I came up with my originally concept I wasn't pleased at all, the colours were blend, boring and disinterested, I slowly started to add yellows there, a bit of orange there and then replacing an entire colour for a warmer colour.

The only issue I have now, though with the last two images is, though I like them more, and they feel like my style, and would fit this film. I find that because they are warm colours people will think that we are in Autumn or during a sunset, which is not when my film takes place. My film takes place during mid to late summer and will happen during the morning or day time. This is only for the battle between the girl and the dragon in her tale, when she is talking to her class about what she did, it will be early September.

I have also finished my storyboard now. I'm going to be showing it to my tutor tomorrow. I have a few things to change though, such as the ending I found the current ending where the


I changing it to having her come home her mum asks her how her day was at school she explains that no one believed her, the mum is sympathises for her daughter but doesn't also thinks she is making it up. The mother also says to the girl that she found something she thinks is from on of her toys and hands it over to her. It turns out to be a the claw that came off during the fight between the dragon and the girl.

In not going to redo my storyboard though, I'm just going to make the changes in the animatic. Will save me time I think and my animatic will help give my fellow students and tutors a more visual idea if what I am doing and how I will get the message across To my viewers. I find that my lead tutor doesn't and has never really gotten me in my three years bring at uni which sucks as this person can give some amazing advice, but sometimes it is never relevant to me since he does quiet get me. Anyyyyyyy way I'm going off topic.

Here is my finished storyboard I promised to show last week.




No comments:

Post a Comment