Sunday 9 October 2011

Writing and Drawing


(Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, 2009, Sony Pictures Animation)



This week has pushed me into some areas I though I couldn't do or even just areas were I'm not very good in them. This week I have mainly been focusing on my script, character designs and some very early concepts to help visual some parts of the script out. I've sent my script off to one of my tutors who specializes in story telling to get her opinion and advice on improving my story. I have been looking into what films/video games I really like and would like to aspire to be like, I also did the same for directors too here is a list of them.

Film, TV & Video Games

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009) - Sony Pictures Animation
Ponyo (2008) - Studio Ghibli
How to Train Your Dragon (2010) - Dreamworks
Horton Hear a Who! (2008) - Blue Sky Studios
Costume Quest (2010) - Double Finn
Were the Wild Things Are (2009) - Legendary Pictures
SPACED (1999 - 2001) - Big Talk Productions
Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) - 20th Centery Fox Animation

And for Directors:

Edger Wright
Wes Anderson
Spike Jones

Here are some of my sketches, they are very early and no were near to the finish product. The dragon I am designing is based of the red squirrel as the fight scene takes place in a local park and I thought it would be very fitting to have the dragon slightly based off a park animal and a squirrel seemed the best candidate for the job. I am still thinking on colours for everything in my film, the dragon will be an almost candy red something very similar to the colour of the red squirrel. Here are the sketches

The Girl:






The Dragon:




Early concept of the battle:



No comments:

Post a Comment